So, you’ve decided to sell your ATV or UTV. Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place. ATV Trader is an online marketplace that connects millions of active buyers to sellers across the country. The process is quick, easy, and safe, guaranteeing a smooth and reliable experience. Here’s everything you need to know about selling an ATV or UTV on ATVTrader.com.
Click the “Sell” tab at the top of the ATVTrader.com website or the “Menu” button in the top-right corner, then click “Sell My ATV” to be taken to the page where you can view available listing packages. Simply scroll down or click “Get Started” to jump to the package options and make your selection.
Choose a Package
There are three different packages available for sellers on ATVTrader.com.
- Basic: The basic package ensures that your ad will be listed on the website for two weeks. Your listing will allow up to four photos.
- Enhanced: The enhanced package offers six weeks on ATV Trader’s website, as well as up to 20 photos and a YouTube or Vimeo video.
- Best: The best package features a 12-week-long listing, up to 50 photos, a video, premium placement on the website with a highlight in search results, and a featured spot in carousels on the homepage and search results.
Log In or Create Your Account
If you have an existing account with My Trader, you can log in when the pop-up window appears. If not, it won’t take long to make an account. Enter your email and a password, then verify your password. After that, you’ll be signed up for My Trader and be able to create, edit, and share listings, save your progress when creating listings, and see leads and activity on your listings.
Create Your Listing
After you select your package, you can start creating your unit listing. Remember, this is the first impression you make with a consumer, so you want the information to be understandable and detailed. Create your listing in just three easy steps.
- Enter Your Vehicle Information: From the drop down, select the class of your off-road vehicle, whether it’s a four-wheeler, side-by-side, golf cart, or something else. Enter the year, make, model, and trim. Add your price and choose a tagline; this is your opportunity to tell potential buyers if the price is open to trade, cash, negotiable, or firm. Select a category that your four-wheeler or side-by-side falls under from the drop down, such as: recreation, utility, sport, or youth. This information can also be included in the listing description, where you have a maximum of 2,500 characters to tell buyers all about your off-road vehicle. Include additional details, including features, color, engine information, and mileage, from the drop-down below the description. The more information a consumer has about your unit, the faster they can make their decision. If you’re selling gear, parts, or trailers, entering the item information will look slightly different. Simply follow the prompts and you’ll be able to list them just as easily as an ATV or UTV.
- Add Photos: Upload up to four, 20, or 50 photos, depending on which package you choose. Remember to take clear photos at different angles so potential buyers can see as much as possible. For more tips, read our eight tips for taking great off-road vehicle photos. If you have an Enhanced or Best package, add the link for a YouTube or Vimeo video here too.
- Enter Your Contact Information: Some of this may auto-populate if you’re logged in to your account. You’ll also need to provide your first and last name, address, and phone number. To protect your privacy, only your city, state, and zip code will appear on your listing—not your street address. You can also choose to hide your phone number if you prefer for shoppers to only contact you via email.
Preview, Review, and Check Out
At the bottom left of the page, you’ll have the option to preview your listing with the photos. Put yourself in the shoes of a buyer to make sure you’re seeing everything someone would need to know about the off-roader you’re selling.
Once you decide it looks good, you can view a receipt for your listing. Enter promo code SELL25 to get 25% off your listing from now until the end of the year. After using this discount code, you’ll be all set to checkout with your payment information.
Conclusion: Just like that, your listing will be available to consumers nationwide in just a few fast and simple steps. When you sell your ATV or UTV on ATVTrader.com, you can take advantage of our digital marketing solutions to help advertise and reach more buyers. Now that you know what it’s like to sell on ATV Trader, get ready to turn your old ATV or UTV into cash.