GUIDELINES FOR VIDEO
Respect the Community
We ask all users to post video content responsibly. Every cool new feature on ATVTraderOnline.com involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
Don't Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- ATVTraderOnline.com is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on ATVTraderOnline.com. Also, be advised that any suspected child exploitation will be reported to law enforcement.
- Don't post videos showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, under-age drinking and smoking, or any illegal activity.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.
- ATVTraderOnline.com is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or anything intended to shock or disgust.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
Please take these rules seriously. Don't try to look for loopholes or any other means to work around the guidelines. Just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created. If you'd like more details, check out our Video Guideline Tips below.
We Enforce These Guidelines
ATVTraderOnline.com staff review flagged videos 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate our Guidelines for Video. When they do, we remove them. Sometimes a video does not violate our Guidelines for Video, but may not be appropriate for everyone. Accounts are penalized for Guidelines for Video violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination. If your account is terminated, you will not be allowed to create any new accounts.
ATVTraderOnline.com is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of ATVTraderOnline.com makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot to see here, and lots of folks making amazing stuff one of them might be you! Equipment's getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
That's it! Thanks for reading!
--The ATVTraderOnline.com Team
Guidelines for Video Tips Want a little more insight into the limits and exceptions in the Guidelines for Video? Here are some helpful examples and tips: Sex and Nudity
Nudity is not allowed, particularly if it is in a sexual context. Generally if a video is intended to be sexually provocative, it is unlikely to be acceptable for ATVTraderOnline.com. There are exceptions for some educational, documentary and scientific content, but only if that is the sole purpose of the video and it is not gratuitously graphic. For example, a documentary on breast cancer would be appropriate, but posting clips out of context from the documentary might not be.
"Hate speech" refers to content that promotes hatred against members of a protected group. For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech. Sometimes there is a fine line between what is and what is not considered hate speech. For instance, it is generally okay to criticize a nation, but not okay to make insulting generalizations about people of a particular nationality.
The world is a dangerous place. Sometimes people get hurt. These events, however, should not be documented on ATVTraderOnline.com. It’s also not okay to post violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. Think of it this way, if you think your video could possibly be considered gratuitous or if its purpose is to shock, do not post it on ATVTraderOnline.com.
While it might not seem fair to say you can’t show something because of what viewers theoretically might do in response, we draw the line at content that’s intended to incite violence or encourage dangerous, illegal activities that have an inherent risk of serious physical harm or death. This means not posting videos on things like instructional bomb making, ninja assassin training, sniper attacks, videos that train terrorists, or tips on illegal street racing. Any depictions like these will be removed from ATVTraderOnline.com.
Videos involving children (anyone under the age of 18) are particularly sensitive. You must have parental permission to post any video of a minor - always. Videos containing children should never be sexually suggestive or violent. Please be cautious when posting something involving a child. Avoid sharing a private moment or home movie on ATVTraderOnline.com.
When you create something original, you own the copyright for it. Likewise, when other people create content, they may have a copyright to it. It’s essential that everyone on ATVTraderOnline.com respect the copyrights of others. If you’re not sure if something will violate someone’s copyright, the safest thing to do is to create something completely original, with images and audio that YOU have created. If it is all yours, you never have to worry about copyright. You own it. If you’ve recorded something from a DVD, videotaped your TV screen, or downloaded a video online, don’t post it unless you have permission.